Adith's Playground

=Stand Up. Be Bold. Be Strong. Take the whole Responsibility. Create your Own Destiny.=

 
Watch me GROW
Favourite Poem
DON'T QUIT

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow -
You might succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt -
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
CounterBox
My all time lover
30 September 2012
Motherhood : The hand that rocks the cradle.

Was meaningless to me 32 years ago. Thinking that being a mother is as easy as 1..2..3..


Come to the point that I have to move one step up in my life, finally I'm a Mum! Thrilled and excited of course, who's not.


Day1 :  Over the moon. Meeting and holding my first born is an amazing experience. So loving it.


Day2 :  The battle begins. Since I decided to breastfeed him exclusively, there is no turning back.


He cries, I blame my so little colostrum milk production, I feel so helpless.
He's not latching on properly, I get frustrated.
He cries  for reasons that only him knows, I get even more frustrated.
He cries extremely loud, no pause, no breaks, always tenor.
               
I must admit that I usually talked and asked him what was wrong or to stop crying.
I even begged him to sleep when we are tired and drained from nursing him for more than 3hours.
Hungry? Wet nappy? Feeling hot? Tummy pain? Or just wants to smell Mummy?
               
Then I realized that being a Mum is not that easy after all. To be one, you need the power and strength of a horse. You need to be a multi-tasker. You need a lot of patience and courage. You need to be flexible. You need to be a fast runner (much faster than bolt) especially when he cries and you're doing something downstairs. You need to be a superwoman.

Your mini-you don't come with step-by-step instructions or even troubleshooting. They don't have that on and off button or that blue, red or white wiring. They only come with lots of special things..they are unique, soft, snuggly, cute and cuddly.


Being a Mum is like signing a lifetime 24/7 contract, no bank holidays, no weekend incentives, no night differential, no monthly salary. But you will have the chance to hug and kiss your mini-you just because you can and because you're their all time lover.



posted by adith @ 4:07 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Author

Home: Philippines
The Child in me
A D I T H
A petname given by my sister.
"Topaking" kind of girl.
Takot sa multo. Duwag.
Allergic to wine&beer.. damn.
Coke addict.
A human being with a "foldable" ears.
Author's Update

The joy of having a baby today can only be expressed in two words:

TAX DEDUCTION :)

More about the Author

Gladys Luba



I'm a ChatterBox in a ChattersWorld
Kinalolokohan ko sa ngayon